- OMG – @garyvee really started something with the hip-hop meme. Lil’ Jon started a wine label? WHAAAAT??? YEEEAHHH! http://tinyurl.com/ysqeec #
- looks like mostly right blogosphere on that @sgtret – you’d think Carl Bernstein would have exposed this in his book if true. then again… #
- ‘Grats @loiclemeur on acquiring @twhirl. Most useful AIR app (for me) to date. Hmmm… mobile seesmic w/ twitter? bring it! #
- @chrisbrogan time to define multispazzing v. multitasking? #
- @chrisbrogan "BEST" is relative. just keep rolling and It only gets BETTER, imo. + insert cheesy cliche/70’s anthem refrain #
- lemme step back from that and reiterate. this is the BEST Good People Day EVAR @chrisbrogan @garyvee @yermom @presidentobama @futurewife #
- what @thekid said was awesome. Wow. Big shout out to @thekid. Never forget the moron bowl (#SXSW08). Never forget. http://rurl.org/n12 #
- @pixcom I’ve been getting by with only Ooma, Skype, and mobile. No land line. But very hard to trust the ISP monarchs for 100% connectivity #
- @pixcom that would be GrandCentral, I believe. But don’t think they’ll let me invite any more peeps. Unless they’re homeless, apparently #
- Did a thorough cleansing of smallprint.netzoo.net but it’s still showing up as having BadWare. Can anyone help? http://tinyurl.com/2h6fg7 #
- Email is enough (if not too much). No more $ @BarackObama until u give me a way to opt out of these spammy, glossy-pulped snail mailers. Thx #
- attn: hotels.com — very weird error going on here: http://www.hotels.com/packages #
- seriously, @qubitsu, guess I won’t be hooking up hotel/flight package for 2.0 expo w/ those fools. #
- @adamhirsch i ordered from @garyvee via winelibrary.com. Fast, reasonable, and, yeah it `brings the thunder` ! #
- i cant BELIEVE theres no subway anywhere near the west half of LA in this day and age. slowrollin gets old real fast #
- @jpostman ive been happy with blip.tv lately. No size/time limit. #
- Hey LA peeps: should i give LAMill a second chance or just hit Intelligentsia. ISO coffee, wifi, love and parking #
- it’s actually raining. WOW, they were right for once. Dodger’s haven’t rained out in 8 years, may not be school tmrw, LAX on Orange Alert #
- I love how myspace.com/music goes directly to an 18-year old dude in an AC/DC shirt’s MySpace page. #
- looking out Work window, seeing if twitxr still works – photo at http://twitxr.com/andy/updates/24482 #
- @crazywanda well muxtape does host/stream mostly copyrighted content. see the viva la wild west-esque terms: http://muxtape.com/terms #
- In the spirit of GPD Id like to acknowledge some awesomeness: @boogah @elsamary @miguel23 @ccg @shainla @dotsiobhan heres to you! #
- @ccg on couch at support desk of place apparently with manicures, pedicures and massages for staff at 4pm. And cupcakes. Obscure, but true. #
- Lunch field trip over. I have 18,000 emails to delete now. what a waste of imap server load and nutritional bandwidth. cupcake was good tho #
I’ve heard all the stories about Kerry Wood, party animal. Dude blew his arm out a million times, got pudgy and then became skinny as can be. He still has an arm, and although he makes me nervous as hell with his proneness to injury, he was awesome at the end of the ’07 season.
But the real reason I love Kerry Wood, is that he is a true CUB. Case in point: After shrugging off the cheesy Trevor Hoffman-esque concept of having a theme song play upon the entrance of a hard-throwing closer, Kerry came to play in the 9th, in spite of the non-organ-ized version of AC/DC’s “Dynamite.”
“I’ve never heard music played here,” he said…. Wood said he would prefer to hear Wrigley organist Gary Pressy “tickling the ivory” than music coming over the loud speakers.
Let it Be, Cubs marketing team. Now keep on winning.
March ’08 photo by Felicity Redwell via flickr.
Can’t believe it took this long for the Sarah Silverman ‘fucking’ meme to come full circle:
I interviewed Veronica Belmont Saturday after Community Next. We discussed her 7-month stint at Mahalo. Yesterday she announced on her blog that she’s moving on after having launched Mahalo Daily. I’ve been a fan since she started speaking up on Buzz Out Loud… what will she get up to next?
Continue reading “Veronica Belmont Interview”