I started making my own cold-press iced coffee last week. It’s super easy. By my calculations I’ll save about a grand per year and the iced coffee will taste better than ever!
- Mix 4 ounces of coarsely ground beans (I prefer a mild Ethiopian blend)
- With 3-4 cups of water
- Let sit overnight at room temperature in french press
- Fully depress plunger after at least 12 hours
- Fill a glass 1/4 with the coffee and the rest with water.
- Add a couple cubes of ice
- Keep remaining coffee in fridge
- Enjoy. Repeat.
FWIW: The local Intelligentsia cold brews its iced coffee in a big batch: 8 pounds of coffee for every 6 gallons of water.