- Need a reason to believe in pandora? Try the Sharon Jones & the dap kings channel. Furrealz. Sat nite out. #
- @brooksbayne lol because its true. But really, so NOT funny. Resolution v. Revolution. Guthrie sang…This land is my land. in reply to brooksbayne #
- @hawaiirealty yes Paso Robles. Perfect if not a lil chilly. but i like to pretend its winter sometimes in reply to HawaiiRealty #
- http://twitpic.com/uvem – Club nokia tip: VIP seats are public, excl. Access to front rows of balcony + lounge, buy at TM #
- http://twitpic.com/uv7u – David johanssen and new york dolls STILL bring it @clubnokia #
- a little late – but considering CES with @redwell. Anyone want to go in on a hotel room / suite for Jan 9-10 (maybe 8th too) in Las Vegas? #
Dying to know how well these Contextual YouTube video ads do as far as CTR, etc. And HOW insulting that al-Zaidi’s shoes reveal an add for women’s shoes! And that’s not all, the infamous shoe incident — which already is on its way to becoming the viral-est of all online videos — is now immortalized as a Flash game:
As a longtime New Yorker subscriber (that’s right, in print), you’d wonder why I’d bother with the podcasts as well. I can lay any questions to rest here. Each Monday (a few days before the issue lands in my mailbox) there is a lively, informed discussion with New Yorker Web editor Blake Eskin takes place in Out Loud that truly enriches the reading experience — a couple weeks back it was an actual sit-down beer tasting, this week was a personal interview with Zadie Smith, who contributed to the fiction issue.
But the killer, was aurally experiencing Hendrik Hertzberg’s column on Rod Blagojevich in which the narrator practically — blasphemically — acts out the following passage, which is never done justice in bleeps or even unadulterated print:
Blagojevichâ€”who had remarked of the Senate seat, â€œIâ€™ve got this thing and itâ€™s fucking golden, and, uh, uh, Iâ€™m just not giving it up for fuckinâ€™ nothingâ€â€”was not happy when told that no offers were forthcoming from anyone around â€œthis motherfucker,â€ as he referred to the President-elect: â€œFuck him. For nothing? Fuck him.â€
No really, listen to it:
A third great podcast falls haphazardly — it was initially the Campaign Trail and is now titled The Transition. Along with my daily listens (Buzz Out Loud, Rachel Maddow, Slate, etc) these truly awesome podcasts bring serious entertainment and value to my commute. Subscribe in iTunes, Google Reader or your favorite podcatcher via the links at http://www.newyorker.com/services/rss/summary#podcasts.
It’s almost like I don’t miss those New York Times Op-Ed podcasts anymore. Am I the only one who still misses those?
- @hardlynormal I have no idea what shortyawards are but just discovered yr site and wanted to bring attention to it. keep up the good work! in reply to hardlynormal #
- @shortyawards I nominate @invisiblepeople for a Shorty Award in #education for excellent video profiles / interviews of America’s homeless in reply to shortyawards #
- since we’re on topic of the Bullshit Broadband Duopoly, consider engaging in the issue: http://internetforeveryone.org/ | speedmatters.org #