- considering “Don’t Stop Believin'” is the most popular iTunes track EVER @mspiegelman may have the right idea. Go Y! Music http://tr.im/19s1 #
- @LiveEarth India is ON like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Now to celebrate @techzulu’s birthday at the roos in reply to LiveEarth #
- Gmail is lookin Pantone 7451C periwinkle and chat doesn’t work. I’m playing with lala.com, rockin Tristeza and “blastin’ thru it” as we say #
- @mvermut that’s easy — take a free ride on the ad free Live365 and tune into WOOZradio: http://tinyurl.com/6e4mbz in reply to mvermut #
- @mvermut oops – didn’t realize that went straight to a paywall. here’s the free option: http://www.live365.com/stations/netzoo in reply to mvermut #
- @alanataylor and others — here’s the link to revert back to “older” version of Gmail UI – http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=1 in reply to alanataylor #
- logged into MSN messenger 1st time ever for the one colleague on MSN. all i get is spam despite having no info besides age-old hotmail addy #
- At mindshare. 3d printer preso. Total urban legend imho. Idealab even. Ask.com anyone? Will believe it only when I feel it #
- Oil under $50/barrel. Remember when they said $200 by ’09? Cuz we know so much. We really think we know so what #
- @bwank settings->themes->classic should fix yer Gmail fail. in reply to bwank #
- RT @creativecommons: CC founder Lawrence Lessig will be on the Charlie Rose show tonight: http://ping.fm/jep7b + http://change-congress.org #
- someone is rocking an 80’s mix outside my office and, well, the inevitable just happened. Guess he really never gonna desert me. #
- checkin @blovi8 per @josholaila reco. what is the point? what’s wrong with craigslist? I do like the Shepard Fairey wallpaper though. #
- what are YOUR favorite tools and strategies for tracking / analyzing the spread of specific chatter on the web, boards, 2.0hs, blogs? #
- Hillary SoS news gave me a chill. hard to trust her neocon tendencies + jaded fingers-on-chalkboard rallying voice. Prefer her to Kerry tho #
It only took 30 years or whatever for MTV to get back to actually presenting music videos. It’s been about a month since MTV fully acquired Flux / Social Project. MTV’s involvement with Flux has been quiet and inneffective over the past year or so. Perhaps owning the full package will lead to some nice social channels? Or perhaps I just want to embed one of the worst videos of all time (by one of my all-time favorite bands) below. Via MTVmusic.com.
Great news for WOOZradio, Pandora and all other net radio broadcasters. Though this bill doesn’t entirely spell things out re: the future of net radio (at least in terms of WOOZ and our streaming via Live365) it is a positive step toward a solution that will keep net radio alive after many contentious months following the CRB’s unfair ruling in March 2007.
The key — the National Association of Broadcasters has rolled over:
The real deciding factor came when Rep. Howard Berman (D-Calif.) met with members of the NAB. They told him that they feared their Web competitors would get a deal done first. Under the terms of the legislation, SoundExchange, the body that collects royalties and is part of the Recording Industry Association of America, has until Dec. 15 to negotiate a new rate. The NAB apparently was worried that the deadline didn’t give the organization enough time to strike its own royalty agreement.
“Berman said ‘Fine, we’ll extend the date until Feb. 15, which gives you two more months to talk,'” said one music-industry source with knowledge of the discussions. “There isn’t anything in the act that prevents traditional broadcasters from reaching their own royalty rate.”
That did the trick, according to the source. Dennis Wharton, an NAB spokesman confirmed Saturday night that the NAB met with Berman and that the deadline was extended. He said the trade organization has dropped its opposition in both houses of Congress.